Underwriter, Glasgow Salary to £25,000 plus bonus
Do you want to move away from non-standard underwriting?
How about working in a quirky modern office working environment where your employer welcomes fresh ideas and innovation?
Interested in offering underwriting/finance packages to customers with less strings and more flexibility?
With both part-time and full-time positions available, you will be joining a modern office in Glasgow where your client base lists over 100 of the top businesses operating within the finance sector.
If you are looking for a working environment, where you can function with less restrictions and offer adaptable solutions, where you have the final decision on whether your client is approved or declined for the credit facility, we should chat.
Do you fit the role?
- You must have a minimum of 12 months underwriting experience, ideally gained in a fast paced, high volume environment, ideally working with brokers and intermediaries.
- Strong communication, negotiation and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of IT packages including Word and Excel.
- Enjoy working to targets.
What does an average day look like?
•Engaging with customers and assessing if they are eligible for credit
•Carrying out detailed Risk Management reports for each client case
- Working within a team, you will be responsible for handling around 50 new business applications per day.
- Providing a professional service to introducers, brokers and group clients, delivering on SLA’s, answering queries and building strong relationships.
- Chasing for information to complete applications.
- Identify fraudulent applications.
- Assessing and making decision on applications.
- Underwriting prime, sub-prime and near prime business.
- Keeping update and complaint records and diary management.
- Checking confidential data and documents
- Accepting, declining or finding solutions in accordance with credit history
How will you be rewarded?
As well as working in a company where personal development is encouraged, you will be offered a great benefits package including a salary to £25,000, pension, PMI, bonus, gym membership, 25 days holidays, etc.
For more information or a confidential chat, please call me on 0141 353 8376 or email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
HRC Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and all applications will be treated as such